Welcome to Fresh Start!
The mission of Fresh Start is to assist and support families, children, and young adults during life transitions while empowering them to lead healthy and productive lives that lead to self-sufficiency and success.
Every family, parent and child, has access to services they need when they need it.
Who is Fresh Start?
Fresh Start provides families and individuals the tools necessary for self-sufficiency and success. We specialize in helping families’ access resources, gain additional personal and family leadership skills as well as setting the foundation for our communities’ future leaders. Our experts’ areas of expertise range from cross-cultural services to referral assistance.
- Family advocacy and linkages with resources, case management for families involved in the child welfare system
- Family strengthening and reunification services for children temporarily placed outside the home (parenting and life skills, in-home services, supervised visitations, team decision making sessions, advocacy)
- Basic needs and emergency services, goods, and referrals for neighborhood families and individuals
- Public benefits and Chips+/Medicaid enrollment assistance for children and families
- Community-building and resource development
- In partnership with the Denver Department of Human Services and other community partners, Fresh Start provides recruitment, support groups, and family assistance to foster, adoptive, and kinship caregivers. In this partnership, Fresh Start is developing a Birth Parent Partners mentoring program for parents whose children are involved with child welfare and facilitates the Youth Advisory Board to develop leadership and mentoring for youth emancipating from the foster care system